What Is The Best Way To Take A Preworkout Supplement??
Your Choice – Pill Or Powder
Does it make a difference – many bodybuilders are probably asking themselves this question when deciding on the right supplement for them..
Pre-workout supplements are fast becoming a valuable part of the workout regime..
This question is best answered with a ‘what suits the individual best’ – there’s good and bad with both pills and powders..
The Pro’s For Powders
- They can work faster than pills
- Powders often give larger quantities per serving of ingredients
- They can be mixed with water, juice or even milk, whatever the user prefers
- A varied choice of flavours
- Helps hydration
- Inconvenient for some having to measure the powder and mix before drinking
- Could in some cases cause attacks of wind and possible bloating..
- Taste not always pleasant
- Not easy to store as some containers take up a lot of room
- Tend to cost more than pills
- Having to wash bottles and scoops frequently
The Pro’s For Pills
- Storing and convenient to take
- Most are less expensive that powders
- Can be taken anywhere
- Bottles easy to carry in gym bag
- Very rarely leave you with an unpleasant aftertaste
- Less like to cause an energy ‘crash’
- Tend to give longer lasting effects (due to a steadier slower release of nutrients)
- You may need to take a larger number of pills to get the maximum from the nutrients
- They can cause stomach upsets in some users
- You need to drink plenty of water to help absorb the supplement
- If you are taking other pill based supplements, it can greatly increase your consumption of pills per day – some pre workout pills can require you to take 6 or even more per day to give effective results – that works out to a lot of pills in one day..
Its pretty equal on all counts we would say – good and bad points for both..
We feel that weighing everything up.. for us – Pills have the edge, they are easier and more convenient, and you can find some highlyeffective products that require only 1 or 2 pills per dose..
Always remember the golden rule – Do your research so that you get the best supplement at the best price for you..
Remember that ingredients make or break a product, make sure the formula is clearly stated and fully disclosed.. you do not want to buy a product that could potentially be a complete waste of your time and money..
Products that come with a full cash back guarantee (there are some on the market) are definitely a better choice.. they give you the peace of mind that the maker has faith in their product and if the results are not forthcoming then nothing lost – money is refunded..
Choosing a product with absolutely no guarantees is a risk you might be wise not to take…